Coaching isn’t teaching or telling – it’s helping others learn how to thrive. Career and business coaching are much of what I do, and I work across a range of sectors, and with individuals and teams at all levels.
With specialist knowledge of the legal sector and it’s legal department clients from an executive search perspective, I’ve been lucky to have a unique insight into the challenges of working with lawyers as a business head and of being a lawyer developing business. Working with those who work with lawyers is particularly satisfying.
Looking to unlock potential both in organisations and individuals, time and again I see coaching provide moments of transformational change, clarity and that “click”. My particular areas of interest lie:
- Communication – developing improved interaction with “difficult” people and with those with complex communication challenges who may be high performing but difficult to reach
- Leadership – supporting transition
- Business development – the change from doing to producing will probably come at some stage in a career and support can be the difference between just talking and really walking.
- Networks – building collaborative networks, internally and externally
- Career planning – taking charge of the future, dealing with change and being the best one can be
- Career action – coaching through cv/business plan preparation, search strategy, networking, presentation and interview skills.
I’m a graduate of the Meyler Campbell Business Coach programme (accredited by the SRA, EMCC and AC) and am also a Certified Business Coach with the World Association of Business Coaches. I’ve also completed numerous other trainings, most influentially the PGDip in Psychosynthesis Counselling at Psychosynthesis Trust in London where I’m now a trustee. I sit on the Advisory Board of WYSE, an international Leadership NGO. I’m also qualified in a range of psychometric instruments including the MBTI Parts I and II and Strengthfinder.